We have covered so much ground lately and I am very behind on blogging...
I'll use the list format (in no particular order) today to make sure I cover everything that we have done since my last post.
1. We booked a trolley that has a wheelchair lift. It was completely by chance that we found The Trolley Car and Bus Company. We had been searching and searching for some type of transportation company that could accommodate Randy and his wheelchair. We weren't having much luck. However, our luck changed one day after getting a postcard in the mail from The Trolley Car and Bus Company. I looked over the postcard while waiting for the elevator and was prepared to throw it away since I get so much wedding junk mail. To my surprise, I noticed that it said wheelchair lift. I was thrilled and nearly ran up the stairs to show Randy! Later that week, Randy called and booked them. I am so happy to know that we have the appropriate transportation...and it is different/fun, too! Check out pics at http://www.trolleycar.net/.
2. We ordered our invitations. Over the summer, I found invitations at http://www.invitationsbydawn.com/. They are seal-n-send invitations and drastically reduce the cost of the invitations and the postage needed to send them. They are tri-fold invitations and the response card tears off at the bottom. I'm pleased with the low cost...especially since they will just be thrown away by our guests!
3. We also ordered thank you cards from http://www.invitationsbydawn.com/. However, I didn't read the description close enough, so we now have 150 thank you cards without envelopes! I have found another site, though, where I can order just envelopes. Phew.
4. My sister (via my parents) and one of my bridesmaids, Heather, are in the process of planning our bridal shower. It will be held on 8.8.09 at The Department in downtown Joliet. It is a beautiful restaurant and I am really looking forward to it! After the fact, I realized that the date has some significance...we were engaged on 4.4.08, will have our shower on 8.8.09 and will be married on 10.10.09. Cool, huh?
5. My dad found and ordered a tiara for me on ebay. It came in last week and it is perfect. I am contemplating wearing it on a more regular basis after the wedding.
6. One of Randy's groomsmen, Matt McGraw, passed away in October of last year. Randy has made the decision not to replace him and has been thinking of ways to honor him and have him present at the wedding. He originally thought about having lapel pins made in his honor, but the cost was a bit much. I suggested that we find a charm of some sort and attach it to the
boutonnieres of the guys. I looked at Hobby Lobby, but just couldn't find the right thing. My dad suggested looking at Things Remembered. Good suggestion...we found a simple silver charm and had it engraved with MM. Before the wedding, we will have 3 more made.
7. As mentioned before, I have spent many a weekend afternoon/evening at http://www.theknot.com/. While on there, I came across a different way to display seating at the reception. Instead of having 160-200 placecards, we purchased four 8x10 frames and will list the table assignments alphabetically.
8. To the best of my knowledge, all four of my bridesmaids have ordered their dresses. I was becoming a bit of a bridezilla about this...
9. We had a cake tasting scheduled with Milano, but it was canceled. We rescheduled for April. Hopefully it will work out to book them for the reception.
10. We had a chance to try out one of the photobooths that we booked. So much fun! I can't wait to see the pictures of our friends & families!
11. Part of the gifts for my bridesmaids have been delivered. They are just as I imagined and for the right price, too!
12. We have put my father in charge of finding a hotel for that weekend. If you know him, you know that he is loving it.
Alright...I think that might be all for now.
P.S. If you saw Stepbrothers, you laughed at my title. :-)